EseeCloud CMS Full Setup Guide, CMS is called Camera Monitor System. It is a camera monitoring client for online preview image, video storage, remote playback, device management, video/screen download and other functions. It is suitable for DVR, NVR, IPC, VR CAM, Wifi IPC and other devices.
Welcome to use our products! We are very honored to get your trust.
In order to have a general understanding of our product CMS and facilitate your use, we have specially configured this manual for you, including the function introduction, operation steps, precautions, etc., which are essential guides for your use of this product.
Please read the instruction manual carefully before use. I believe it will be of great help to your effective use of this product. In addition, if you have any questions during the use, please feel free to contact us, we will be happy to serve you.
This manual is for the camera monitoring system CMS.
This manual may contain areas where the product functions or operations do not match, or where the technology is inaccurate, or a typographical error. For such problems, our company will update the manual content according to product updates, and regularly update the hardware and software products described in this manual. The updated content will be added to the new version of this manual without prior notice.
The camera monitoring system CMS is referred to as CMS or software for short;
DVR, NVR, IPC, VR CAM, WIFI IPC equipment, etc., collectively referred to as equipment;
Some pictures are schematic, please refer to the actual interface of the software;
A “note” hint text may appear in this article to indicate that the operation is potentially risky, and ignoring the text may result in errors or unpredictable results.
EseeCloud CMS Full Setup Guide
CMS is called Camera Monitor System. It is a camera monitoring client for online preview image, video storage, remote playback, device management, video/screen download and other functions. It is suitable for DVR, NVR, IPC, VR CAM, Wifi IPC and other devices.
CMS has the following characteristics:
Interface containerization processing mode: In the interface design of the client component, the containerized processing is carefully adopted, which simplifies the processing mode of multi-screen and single-screen switching, greatly improves the multi-screen operation feeling, and adapts to the development trend of a multi-screen PC.
Channelized management mode: In the client component design, channelized management mode is added, and the traditional design mode with device as the core subject is abandoned, which is more suitable for the development direction of IP monitoring.
Operating system:Microsoft Windows7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 (32/64 bit Chinese and English operating system)
OSX 10.9 or higher (64-bit Chinese and English systems)
CPU：I3/2.4GHZ or more
Memory: 4GB or more
Preview multiple video or high resolution video at the same time, requiring higher hardware configuration and network bandwidth
- Step 1: Run the EseeCloud_Setup_3.0.1.exe installation package
- Step 2: Select the display language when installing
- Step 3: Read and determine whether to accept the agreement
- Step 4: Determine the path to the installation
- Step 5: Installation is complete and you can choose to run immediately
- Running program ②Choose a language ③Reading agreement
④Determine the path ⑤The installation is complete
①Enter account + password ②Click to login
- Local login can be logged in using the default account admin (the initial password is blank)
- Local login mode can choose remember passwords or automatic login (automatic login is not possible when auto lock status is enabled)
- Click the string in the login forgot password to be encrypted. Different accounts correspond to different encrypted passwords
- The account number box can display three accounts that are mostly used recently.
- Switch to cloud login
- Login account ⑵forget password
- The current CMS version of the user name can only use “admin”, the initial password is empty. In order to prevent potential safety hazards, please be sure to modify the initial password after the initial login to prevent unauthorized access to your device or other adverse consequences.
- For better protection of your privacy and improving product security, we strongly recommend that you set up complex passwords based on the following rules: greater than 8 characters, including uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, special characters, and so on. Please understand that it is your responsibility to properly configure all passwords and other related product security settings.
- User login：①Enter ‘account+password' ②Remember password and automatic login (optional) ③Click to Login
- Register an account：①Enter ‘new account + password + email' ② Click to register now
- Retrieve password：①Enter ‘Account+Mailbox' ②Click to get verification code and enter ③Enter a new password ④Click to complete
①The cloud login should be logged in with the registered account (the account registered by the mobile app can be logged in)
②Registered account is recommended to use a valid mailbox, easy to retrieve passwords and other special circumstances
③After registering an account, you need to log in to the email address you entered during registration to activate the email address (click the received link to verify)
④The mailbox status is not activated, and cannot be retrieved after forgetting the password (activation period is two days)
⑤The first time you use EseeCloud_CMS, the software's time zone will automatically sync with your computer, and you can change it later in the advanced settings.
⑴Login account ⑵Register a new account ⑶Retrieve password
①Double-click on the selected device/channel to enter the connected video state.
②After selecting the device/channel, right click and select “Connect Video” to enter the connected video state (Figure 1)
③Double-click to disconnect the current connection after selecting the connected device/channel
④After selecting the device/channel, right click and select ‘Disconnect' to disconnect the current connection.
- List style is graphic：
①After selecting the device/channel, click the play button on the device list to enter the connected video status.
②After selecting the device/channel, click the stop button on the device list to disconnect the current connection status.
③Right-click operation connection/disconnection is consistent with the tree list style. The specific operation can be referenced.
Note：poor performance of the computer will directly affect the smoothness of the preview video. It is recommended that the number of channels connected to the device be gradually increased
①Click the Record button on the toolbar to enter the video recording status (as shown in Figure 1 below)
②After the video operation, click the record button again to stop recording.
①The actual recording duration is not equal to the time difference between the start recording time and the end recording time.
②If the device network is interrupted, the recording will succeed but no video file will be saved.
③The channel is maximized or minimized during recording, and the recording will stop.
Click the screenshot button on the toolbar to enter the screenshot status (as shown in Figure 1 below)
①If the switching stream video is not loaded, the screenshot operation will be saved.
②The screenshot does not have the function of continuous screenshots. Clicking the screenshot button once will capture an image.
- Panorama mode：
①Double-click the channel screen to enter the maximized state, right click and select “panoramic mode” to switch to the panorama mode, enter the panorama, and the code stream is automatically switched to HD.
②The channel screen is in 1 split screen mode, and the panorama mode option is available on the right toolbar. Click to select to switch the panorama mode.
①Click on Panorama mode on the right toolbar and select ‘Exit panorama' to exit panorama mode
②Exit the panorama mode by exiting the screen from the split screen state.
Split screen mode
Quad screen mode
①In the local login mode, you can select 6 display modes in the panorama mode, including: panorama, cylinder, expand, 2 split screen, 4 split screen, 6 split screen
②In the cloud login mode, you can select 4 display modes in the panorama mode, including: panorama, cylinder, split screen, quad screen
- Installation mode：
Suspension: the direction of the cruise is clockwise
Wall-mounted: the direction of the cruise swings left and right
- Cruise mode：
Speed: Cruise provides speed 3S / speed 40S / speed 60S three options, corresponding to slow / medium / fast three speeds
Stop: Pause the current state of the cruise, left click on the channel in the cruise or select the stop cruise button in the cruise mode to click
①Panorama mode ②Installation mode ③Cruise mode
- Cruise / PTZ / Zoom / Focus / Aperture / Preset：
The PTZ control function can be used only when the PTZ device (such as a ball machine) is connected to the main control device (such as NVR or DVR).
Cruise is to directly perform the screen cruise operation. The pan/tilt is to adjust the lens direction and zoom to replace the mirror multiple.
①PTZ speed level control ②control
③Zoom, focus ④Preset
①：Adjust the PTZ control speed (default level is 6)
②：Adjust lens direction and cruise
③：Adjust the zoom and focus of the PTZ camera
④：Set and call the set bit, adjust the lens to the specified position, set the preset position, input the preset position later, click to call, the lens will automatically move to the specified position
- The client provides 1 split screen / 4 split screen / 6 split screen / 8 split screen / 9 split screen / 16 split screen / 25 split screen / 36 split screen / 49 split screen, nine split screens can be switched at will
When the number of connected device channels is greater than the current number of split screens, the displayed split screen will automatically increase, reaching 49 split screens.
①Split screen number
- Sharpness switching: SD SD and HD HD toggle buttons
- sound：①Selected screen channel ②Click to turn off/on sound
- Intercom：①Click the intercom button to open the intercom ②Left-click and hold the connection to talk, click the exit button to exit the intercom
- Help: The help buttons under each interface are the corresponding function instructions.
- Recording: When the live preview channel is recording, the icon is flashing.
- shut down：①Click to exit the login button ②Click OK to log out and return to the login screen.
Playback four steps：①Select device channel ②Select video type ③Select playback date ④Confirm search video
- Retrieving the video requires three conditions of ‘device channel + recording type + playback date'.
- Video types include: motion detection, timing detection, alarm detection, and manual detection. Generally, all types of videos can be retrieved by default.
- The selection of the device channel can directly affect the retrieval result. Be sure to confirm the online status of the device before recording.
①Device channel ②Video type ③Date selection
- Timed playback：Select the timed playback operation, enter the recording effective time point in the time frame, and confirm that it can be played immediately (effective time point refers to: the time retrieved by video playback)
- Time drag playback：Adjust the time scale and drag the cursor on the timeline to the corresponding time (as shown in Figure 2 below)
Steps：①Retrieve video ②Check sync ③Switching time point
- Date: Check the synchronization switching time point, the channel synchronization will not take effect.
- Time: Check the synchronous switching time point. The recording time of each channel will not take effect at the same time.
- Batch download：Enter the time period to be downloaded at the start time + end time according to the needs of the retrieved recording time range.
- Time period download：The time period of the video recording will also be displayed in the download resource. Click the download button for any time period according to your needs.
①Custom bulk download
②Select time period to download
- Playback control：Support playback/pause/stop control in video playback, select the screen form in playback and click operation
- Time scale adjustment：The settings in the Setup Wizard are not set. The playback timeline scale will default to 60 minutes. You can also modify the scale value by clicking ‘Reduction' or ‘Magnify' during video playback.
①Playback control ③Adjustment scale
- Add a LAN device：①Enter the device management interface ②Refresh LAN device ③Check the device and click Add (LAN device can be filtered by entering IP/ID in the filter box)
- Add cloud ID device：Manually enter the device ‘cloud ID number + channel number', select ‘type' according to the actual situation of the device, and the rest can click to confirm (the password can be selected according to the actual settings of the device)
- Add an IP/DDNS device：Manually enter the device ‘IP/DDNS+port+channel number', select ‘type' according to the actual situation of the device, and the rest can click OK.
②Manual input addition
- Device modification：In the device management or preview interface, after selecting the device and clicking Modify, the device interface will be loaded.
- Regional modification：In the modify device interface, click the area drop-down box.
- Group modification：After selecting the group under the device management interface, click the modify button to load the modified group information interface.
note：Modify the channel name, panorama, and channel type corresponding to the channel number in the device. The panorama or channel type corresponding to each serial number is independent. The channel device in the device needs to be in the panoramic state. You can select the corresponding channel serial number to modify the panorama. And channel type
- Device modification ②Grouping
5.3.1 VR CAM/gateway Remote setting
Setup steps：①Selected device ②Click Settings / Connect Device and click the Remote Settings button (as shown in Figure 1)
- Device Information：Content includes device model, device ID, OEM serial number, firmware version (providing check updates)
- Function setting：The audio, prompt tone, prompt language, and display mode and resolution can be set on the configuration.
- Alarm system：The content includes motion detection, message push, motion detection sensitivity, and synchronization time function. If daylight saving time setting is available, you can set daylight saving time.
- TF card settings：TF card status, available / total capacity, TF card formatting function
①Alarm message push is not supported in local login. You need to check to switch to cloud login status.
②Currently supports VR CAM/gateway devices for remote setup
Figure 1 Figure 2 Figure 3 Remote setting interface
Setup steps：①Selected device ②Click Settings / Connect Device and click the Remote Settings button
- General settings：Set the device's time zone, date format, date, time, button sound, OSD transparency, VGA resolution
- Channel setting：
- Coding settings：Can set the encoding mode of each channel, the resolution of the primary and secondary streams, the code stream control, the code stream rate, the video frame rate, and the encoding format.
- Color adjustment：The tone, contrast, brightness, and saturation of each channel can be adjusted and copied to other channels.
- Channel OSD：The title, display status, and communication quality of each channel can be modified.
- Video detection：Each channel alarm duration, detection type, sensitivity, whether to enable various alarm information push, detection area selection, deployment time selection can be modified, and can be copied to other channels
- Code stream value：Monitor real-time stream for each channel
- Channel details：View the primary stream, secondary stream, and software version for each channel
- Recording settings：You can set the recording type and time of each channel. There are three types of timing, movement and alarm.
- Network settings：
- Network settings：You can modify whether to use DHCP. If you choose No, you can modify the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, DNS address, and WEB port of the NVR.
- Dynamic domain name：You can modify whether to use DDNS. If yes, you can modify the provider, domain name, username, password.
- PPPOE：Select whether to enable PPPOE. If yes, you can modify the PPPOE protocol, user name, and password. You can view the PPPOE status and PPPOE IP address.
- wireless setting：Can view ESSID, modify Wireless Channel, area
- System settings：
- Device Information：View device name, device model, device serial number, software version, release time, cloud ID
- Log information：Select the input type, start time, and end time and click Search to display the log number, time, and content that meet the conditions.
- User Management：Display serial number, user name, whether it is super user, create new user, edit user, delete user, change password
- Factory settings：Choose simple restore (ignore channel and network configuration), restore all (restore all configurations)
- Online upgrade：Select the local upgrade file and click on Upgrade Firmware.
- Create a group：①Click the ‘Create Group' button ②‘Enter the content in the group name box and click OK.
- Add channel：
enter：①Select the created group ②Click the Add Channel button
Import selection：①Selected channel ②Selected group ③Click the import selection button
Import all：①Selected group ②Click to import all buttons
Edit: Select the group and click the Modify button to modify it.
Delete: delete the selected group or channel and click the delete button to delete
①Create a group ②Add channel ③Modify group
- Split screen number：The selected split screen number is displayed after the re-login, and the CMS provides split screen 1/4/6/8/9/16/25/36/49 nine forms of choice.
- Display language：CMS currently defaults to 9 display languages, such as Simplified Chinese and English. When you choose to log in again, you will switch to the corresponding language.
- Login Method：The cloud login mode is online. You need to connect to the external network when you log in. The local login does not have this hard requirement.
- List style：The list style includes tree shape and graphics. The replacement is only the real-time preview interface and the display of the device list under the playback interface. The device list under other interfaces is unified into the tree list style.
- Path modification：
①Screenshot path: The screenshot file is saved in the snapshot folder by default, and can be saved in other paths according to its own needs.
②Local recording path: The local recording file is saved in the record folder by default, and can be saved in other paths according to its own needs.
③Video download path: The files downloaded by the playback video are saved in the video_download folder by default, and can be saved in other paths according to their needs.
- Preview sync time：Check the time when the device is previewed and the computer will be automatically synchronized (only ipc is supported)
note：After modifying the settings, click “Finish” and you will need to log in again. (It is best not to modify it to a directory containing Chinese)
- Time zone setting：The local time zone can be selected according to the actual situation.
- Automatic lock：Check the auto lock and enter the integer in minutes in the time frame. If no operation is performed on the CMS within the time of the input, the CMS will automatically lock.
- Automatically connect video：After logging in to the auto-connect video, log in to the CMS and automatically connect to the device added to the device list. The number of connected channels is the number of split screens in the basic settings.
- New user：①Click New User ②Enter username (required) + note name (optional)③Click to confirm
- Modify permissions：
Default: The default permissions include screenshot, video, PTZ settings, video playback, remote download 5 items
modify：①Click edit permission ②Check the permissions and devices/channels that need to be assigned to new users (you can click to select all) ③Click to confirm
- Other functions：
①Clear password: If the login password of the new user is forgotten, you can log in to the newly created user again by directly clearing the password and the internal setting data can be retained.
②Modify the note: Add a note, change the note or delete the note, go to the modify note operation
③Delete user: If you feel that the newly created user is not necessary, click delete user to delete the user.
- Inquire：①Confirm ‘start time + end time'②Confirm ‘log type' (including: alarm log, login log, operation log)③Selected area ④Click to query
search for：①Select ‘start time+end time' ②Click search
Preview：①Method one selects ‘preview' for right-click operation ②The second method is the screenshot file retrieved by direct click.
delete：①Method 1 Select ‘Delete' for the right-click operation. ②The second method is to enter the screenshot preview state and click to select ‘delete'.
location：①Method 1 Select ‘Open location' for right-click operation②Method 2 is to click ‘Save Location' in the resource information.
Resource information：‘user, resource size, resolution, device name, associated channel, screenshot time, save location', including the above content (as shown in Figure 2)
Replacement size：‘Original size, maximize, zoom in, zoom out, resource information, delete', the screenshot preview status includes the above status/function that can be switched to
search for：①Select ‘start time+end time+'②Select the recording type (including: preview video, playback video, default all types)③Click search
Resource information：‘user, resource size, recording type, device name, associated channel, recording time, save location', including the above
Other functions：The operation steps of ‘preview, resource information, location, delete' function are the same as the screenshots. For details, please refer to the operation in the screenshot.
Figure 1 Right click operation Figure 2 Resource information
- Version Information：The content is displayed as follows ‘version number, date'
- change Password：①Enter ‘original password + new password + confirm new password'②Click to confirm ③Re-login verification password
- sign out：Click the ‘Exit Login' button to quit the login status of the current account.
Question one：After installation, open the CMS and display “Cannot load plugin”?
1.Please confirm whether the installation path uses Chinese when installing, and the plugin is temporarily not compatible with Chinese path.
2.After confirming the non-Chinese path, if the problem persists, you can contact technical support for assistance.
Question two：After connecting multiple channels of video (more than 30 channels), videos stop for a few seconds , all channels are automatically disconnected into the black screen. The device connected again has no response. Do we need to restart the CMS?
Answer two：The new version of CMS3.0.1 runs with higher memory. If you connect many channels by the lower configuration computer, the computer system will run out of memory, causing the CMS to run abnormally. If the computer configuration is slightly lower, it is recommended not to connect too many channels. The optimization work has been planned for this situation.
Question three：When CMS is installed on the OSX system, it displays “File is corrupted” or “Unable to open” when it is opened?
1.Open “System Settings” → “Security and Privacy” → “Allow applications to be downloaded in the following location”, check “any source” (applies to versions prior to OSX10.12.X);
2.Open “Terminal”, enter the string “sudo spctl –master-disable”, press the “Enter” key, enter the sudo password (applicable to versions after OSX10.12.X). If the above method still does not work, please contact us to help you solve it.
Question four：After starting a window and flashing, it will not start or XP will appear. Open the software to indicate 0a00000000 memory referenced by 0x00000000 instruction. The memory cannot be ‘written'.
Answer four：Large probability video card driver problem, update the graphics card driver can solve
Answer five：Install VC++2010 library to solve the problem