Reset Password Hikvision, HIKVISION different devices share different password strategies. At this stage you can reset your password by SADP or NVR/DVR local GUI. Here's a quick guide of how to reset password for different devices.
Reset password Hikvision by SADP Tool
Connect the device to local network and open SADP Tool to search online devices. Select the device and click Forget Password:
You might see one of the three pop-ups
1. If the pop-up requires a security code, please turn to method 1.
2. If the pop-up requires encrypt file, please turn to method 2.
3. If the pop-up requires encrypt file or key, please turn to method 3.
Copy the Start Time and Device Serial No and send them to HIKVISION technical support team.
HIKVISION technical support team will return security codes. Please choose one according to your device's current time.
Input security code and click Confirm. The password will be reset to 12345.
Click Export to save XML file, send the XML file to HIKVISION technical support team.
HIKVISION technical support team will return encrypt file. Choose the path of the encrypt file, input your new password and confirm, click Confirm and your password will be reset.
Note: Once you get the file, it will be expired after 24 hours.
With this method you can export the XML file or take a photo of QR code. If you export the XML file, please refer to method 2 to reset password. You can also take a photo of QR code and send it to HIKVISION technical support team.
HIKVISION technical support team will return key which consists of number and letter (8 bytes). Input the key, type in the new password and confirm. Click Confirm and your password will be reset.
Note: If you want to reset your cameras' passwords at the same time, please choose “Reset Network Cameras' Passwords” option. Cameras' passwords will be the same with NVR's
In NVR/DVR local GUI, you can double click the left bottom of login interface to pop out password reset interface.
Please send Device Serial No and Device start time, HIKVISION technical support team will return security codes.
Note: Please refer to method 1 to get Device Serial No and Device start time.
Input the corresponding security code and click OK.
Input user name and new password, click OK.
Reset Password of DVR/NVR by Scanning QR Code
If you forgot the admin password of DVR or NVR, you can reset the password by scanning the QR code generated on the local GUI of the device.
You should have reserved email address for resetting device password and generated QR code on the device's local GUI. For details, see Reserve Email Address for Resetting Password and Generate QR Code on Device Local GUI for details.
- Tap to enter the Reset Device Password page.
- Scan the QR code on the local GUI of the DVR or NVR.
A verification code will be sent to the reserved email address.Note:
The verification code will be valid for 48 hours.
If you reboot the device or change the reserved email address, the verification code would be invalid.
- Go to the device's local GUI.
- Enter the received verification code on the Verify by Reserved Email window and then click OK to continue.
- Create a new password and then confirm the password.
Reserve Email Address for Resetting Password
You should have reserved email address for resetting the admin password of NVR or DVR if you want to change the password by scanning QR code.
Upgrade the firmware of the NVR or DVR to make the device support self-service password reset.
If the device is inactivated, check Reserved Email Settings when activate it. For details about activating NVR or DVR, see the user manual of the device.
The DVR or NVR should support the function.
- Go to on the local GUI of the device.
- Select admin user and then click Edit.
- Enter the password of the device in the Old Password field.
- Click the Settings icon in Reserved E-mail Settings field.
- Enter an email address for receiving verification code, and then click OK.
Generate QR Code on Device Local GUI
If you forgot the admin password of the DVR or NVR, you can generate a QR code on the device's local GUI and then scan the QR code via the Mobile Client to reset the admin password.
You should have reserved an email address for resetting password.
The DVR or NVR should support this function.
- On the login page of the device's local GUI, click Forgot Password.
- Select Verify by Reserved Email and then click OK.
- Read and agree the Legal Disclaimer, and click OK to continue.
The QR code for resetting password pops up.