How to Setup Email Notifications via Gmail
Read More :
Step by Step Instructions
1. Log into the web interface of the NVR
Then select Setting at the top left
Select Network from the drop-down
2. Select Email from the list on the left
3. Check the box next to Enable
Input the following information into these fields:
- SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 587
- Username: [Your Gmail email address]
- Sender: [Your Gmail email address]
4. Open a web browser and log into your Gmail account
Click the Account icon at the top right
Select Manage your Google Account
5. Select Security from the list on the left
If 2-Step Verification is already setup on your account, you will see it listed as “On”. If that is the case, skip to Step 7.
If 2-Step Verification is off, click the arrow to the right of 2-Step Verification under “Signing in to Google”
6. Select Get Started and then follow through all the steps to setup 2-Step Verification for your Gmail account
7. 2-Step Verification should now show “On” under “Signing in to Google”
Select the arrow to the right of App passwords
8. Click on Select app
Then select Mail from the drop-down
9. Click on Select device
Then select Other (Custom name) from the drop-down
10. Click on the field and type in “Dahua NVR” or another name that will help you associate this password with your NVR
Then select Generate
11. You will see a unique password that was generated for use with your NVR
Note this password for use in the next step
12. Go back to your NVR's web interface, where you left off in Step 3
Enter the password that you got from Step 11 in the Password field
13. Make sure TLS is selected for Encryption Type if it is not already
14. Enter the email address you want to send these notifications to next to Receiver and then press the + button to the right
(The reciever email address(es) can be the same as the sending address or different)
Repeat this process for all email addresses you want notifications sent to
15. Enter the amount of seconds you want between each email notification in the field next to Sending Interval
If you want to recieve emails to verify the email notification system is still working, check the box next to Health Mail and enter how often you want those emails in the field next to Sending Interval
16. Click Apply at the bottom right to save your changes
Press the Test button on the bottom left to test notifications with the information you entered above
If the test is successful you will see a message at the top that says “Test succeded” and you will recieve a test email
If it says “Test Failed”, check all the information you entered above
How To: Set Up Email Notifications On A Hikvision Recorder
Purpose: The system can be configured to send an Email notification to all designated users if an alarm event is detected, etc., an alarm or motion event is detected or the administrator password is changed.
Before configuring the Email settings on your Hikvision camera or CCTV system, the NVR must be connected to a local area network (LAN)that maintains an SMTP mail server. The network must also be connected to either an intranet or the Internet depending on the location of the e-mail accounts to which you want to send notification.
Step:1. Enter the Network Settings interface. Menu >Configuration> Network
Step:2. Set the IPv4 Address, IPv4 Subnet Mask, IPv4 Gateway and the Preferred DNS Server in the Network Settings menu, as shown in Figure 1.1.
3. Click to apply save the settings.
4. Select the Email tab to enter the Email Settings interface.
5. Configure the following Email settings:
Enable Server Authentication (optional): Check the checkbox to enable the server authentication feature.
User Name: The user account of sender's Email for SMTP server authentication
Password: The password of sender's Email for SMTP server authentication.
SMTP Server: The SMTP Server IP address or host name (e.g., smtp.263xmail.com).
SMTP Port No: The SMTP port. The default TCP/IP port used for SMTP is 25.
Enable SSL (optional): Click the checkbox to enable SSL if required by the SMTP server.
Sender: The name of sender.
Sender's Address: The Email address of sender.
Select Receivers: Select the receiver. Up to 3 receivers can be configured.
Receiver: The name of user to be notified.
Receiver's Address: The Email address of user to be notified.
Enable Attached Pictures: Check the checkbox of Enable Attached Picture if you want tosend email with attached alarm images. The interval is the time of two adjacent alarm images.
You can also set SMTP port and enable SSL here.
Interval: The interval refers to the time between two actions of sending attached pictures
E-mail Test: Sends a test message to verify that the SMTP server can be reached.6. Click button to save the Email settings.7. You can click to test whether your Email settings work.